Worship at Bnai Israel is spirited, intimate, and meaningful. The services are traditional yet accessible. Communal singing is an essential part of our services, with a mixture of familiar and modern tunes. Lay participation is encouraged, with support offered for any who wish to leyn Torah, chant haftorah, or lead services. A full kiddush lunch is provided following Shabbat morning services.
Weekly Friday night and Shabbat morning services are held in our historic sanctuary, from late June through the High Holidays, as follows:
- Kaballat Shabbat starts at 7:00 pm on Friday night;
- Shabbat services start at 9:30 am on Saturday morning.
Weekly services resume June 19th, 2020.
Due to the current public-health crisis, both Friday night and Shabbat morning services will be offered on Zoom. Details will be available in the weekly email newsletter or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All attendees will have their temperature taken before entering the building.
- Seating will follow social-distancing guidelines.
- Everyone will be required to wear a mask and gloves, which will be provided by CBI.
- Kiddush will not be provided following services this year.
High Holiday tickets are included with synagogue membership; nonmembers can purchase tickets on a space-available basis. For more information, please call (845) 254-9945.